Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Laughter - a silly little bubble that escapes from the heart and overflows with cheer " :)

My mom makes me laugh.

Here's the thing: every April 1st, we wake up, go upstairs and sit down to breakfast. Every April 1st, while we're eating breakfast, mom says "Oh look! There's a robin!" And every April 1st...we look.

Even though we know she's going to say it...she gets us EVERY time! (I just can't figure out why)

However, this year, with all the nice weather we've been having, the robin's have already been out. Thus producing a problem for mom...she can't use the whole robin thing for April fools. So of course she needed to come up with another alternative...the fish.

April 1, 2009: We wake up, go upstairs and sit down to breakfast. We're eating our egg McMuffin and mom looks over to the fish tank and says "Look! the fish are dancing!"...ya. pretty much the lamest April fools joke yet....but it worked. On everyone EXCEPT me I might add :D I must admit, I was pretty proud of myself for finally not falling for it..:)
My mom was pretty much keeling over from laughing so hard at my sisters...good times :)

The funny part is, when mom went the get Opa up this morning, the first thing he asked her was "did you do the bird??" My mom's lame but brutally successful April fools jokes...we're inherited from Opa. :P Mom told him that she got us on the fish instead..and in his cute chortling sort of way, he laughed so hard he almost choked.

So thus begins the morning of April 1, 2009...good times in the Kroesbergen household I must confess. :)

3 comments:

  1. I missed hearing mom say "hey look! there's a robin!" gets me every year! Brad got me pretty good too...he set the alarm on our cell phone (vibrate) and put in under the pillow. I woke up shrieking "help! there's bees under my pillow!" :D oh Brad. :)

    ~Jacinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell Brad he did a good job :D..I would have loved to have seen your face :P

    ReplyDelete