Monday, April 20, 2009

relief...

So what do you get when you have a Russian music teacher?....competitions :P

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of competing. I started playing when I was three, and taking lessons at five, and still to this day, really dislike playing in front of an audience...more specifically an adjudicator :P
I'm not saying I don't like the critic, as a matter of fact, I really enjoy taking "pointers" as to how I can make my music more musical :) It's more the heart murmurs, the sweaty fingers, the panic as you try to play through the music in your head and can't get past the first two bars...that sort of thing. Makes me stressed...
There is a reason for this incredibly random post...it being the fact that I just got home from two Associates classes for piano competition...intense and VERY close competition. All I have to say, is that the one class...I made a fool of poor Mr. Bach :P (never was a big fan anyways :D)

Anyways, enough for now...my brain is fried..enough music for one night :P 

5 comments:

  1. how'd you do? sure you made a fool of dad's favorite composer (He's not gonna like it that you're not a fan! :)-you probably placed first didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...My prelude and fugue was fine..until the end when I forgot where I was for a line :P (tied with another guy). Papillons (that 20 minute piece I was working on), I got first.

    P.S. I'll never be a fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah naomi!! 20 min. piece?? u had to memorize? that would suck..i have trouble memorizing a few pages...i have kiwanis tomorrow morning cause i play for choir :( i don't like Kiwanis at all either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all about it. Glad you did well!! You're on the homestretch. Just think, a few more years of lessons (possibly?) and you can be done with competitions if your heart so desires:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you Naomi! I remember those days...remember how we used to compete against eachother and you always won!? :P
    How's things anyways? Nice blog! :)
    ~estelle♥

    ReplyDelete