Monday, April 13, 2009

family...

I must confess, I haven't been all that diligent in the blogging department the past few days...I guess you could say I'm easily distracted. :P (especially when my brother and sister-in-law come from Toronto with this amazing white Jamaican by the name of Allie..for 4 days :D)
   Although excuses are lame and pathetic, I must admit that my reasons have made me realize how much I love my family. First there's Dad: he's quiet most of time, but his heart is so sweet and caring. Him and I can constantly be seen teasing each other, razing the other one with pokes and sarcastic comments :P..but of course "he started it!" (This reaction is very prevalent when mom gets "upset" with us for pouring water and ice cubes down each-other's back while doing dishes :D...
Then there's Mom. Mom's usually found doing something for others. Whether it be taking care of Opa (i.e. making smoothies every day, getting him up in the morning, feeding him breakfast...) she's has a very sensitive towards the needs of those around her. I guess you could say that if I didn't inherit anything else from her, I was blessed enough to get her love of cooking along with very similar taste buds :P :)
  Next is Wes: You have no idea how thankful that I am to have him as my only brother, and oldest sibling in the family :) Perhaps maybe I wasn't ALWAYS close to him, but over the past few years, I've actually grown to love his CONSTANT teasing and frustratingly annoying dimple filled smile which you really can't stay mad at for more than 2 minutes. :P
   So then there's Jana: for those of you who don't already know, she's my sister-in-law...the only one on my side that I'll ever have :) Jana and I clicked really well, even when I first met this "special girl" of my brother's.  (At least on my side it did :P) We've shared alot of things, shopped alot of times, and basically, she's just simply an amazing person whose a really good listener.
   Next is Jacinda: my one and only older sister :) The sister whose always been there for me. Well..pretty much always :P We weren't close as little girls, but now I can very safely say that she's one of my best friends. She makes me laugh...alot. She's the kind of person who even though may be completely and positively off topic about some things..she's just hilarious. I love and that's the end of the story.
   Where do I start with Brad? Brad's my only brother-in-law..for the time being anyways :P I always thought he was too quiet when he first started coming around..but I'm pretty sure I was wrong. :) He's a very kind and considerate guy and I guess...he's sweet. Not even going to lie :P One of the things I love about him as a brother, is the fact that he loves family so much...I really appreciate that. 
   Now on to my sister Cheryl. Cheryl's my little sister whose growing up...height wise...big time :P You gotta just love it, when your younger sister looooves standing beside you all the time, just to see how much taller she is than you. :P My height will not be commented on at this time, but I will say that I am now officially one of the shortest people in my family. 
   My little sister Heidi is a sweetheart. I love watching her interact with Opa so well, and she's just a really friendly little girl. Very smart for her age...it puts me to shame :P She loves spending time with family, and I'll have to say that she's very affectionate :)

So that's just a little bit about my family to give you a small inside look at what I get to live with every day :D

P.S. I really do love them, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment