Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Let EVERYTHING...

   What would it be like to hear nothing? To see the birds beaks moving up and down, to watch the raindrops falling, to see emotions play over the faces and the mouths opening and closing, to see the strings being plucked, the hands moving up and down the keys...but nothing. I can't imagine. I don't want to imagine.
   Music isn't just the bow gliding across the strings, the sort of sparkling twinkle of the triangle, the floor rumbling and pictures shaking from the sound of those keys being pressed to their maximum sound. Our lives are full of music, but are we taking the time to listen to each and every special "instrument" of God's hands?
   I guess what I'm trying to say, that everyday is an musical performance, not a practice, 'cause it's already perfect :) Every chirp from that bird perched on the branch of lilac bush, every bark from the dog whose sitting at the door waiting...every ripple of laughter that escapes through our lips (even when it's not supposed to :), every word that slips off our tongues during prayer..it's all music in His ears! He created every living thing for a special purpose...and even though to our ears it may be the most annoying thing (like the morning doves that coo at five in the morning while I'm TRYING to sleep in a tent up north...on holidays! :P) Even though that song which my sister's been playing over and over again for her special performance, is really starting to grate on my nerves...who am I to say it's noise? That cooing, and that song... God gave it that special sound, because it brings glory to Him...even if it is a different sort of  "special." :D 
So while there's so many different sounds and so many different "life-songs," I still have to admit that it's the music that comes together in the amazing and perfect harmony, of notes and instruments...it gives me the shivers :) It's rather embarrassing...but some songs make me want to cry (like Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven :P) some songs make me want to dance (like Hungarian Dance No.5 by Brahms)..there's the ones that make me contemplate... (like Who Am I by Casting Crowns), there's Sing to the King (former choir favorite :) which just makes me want to raise my hands in praise, and sing till my throat's dry...I could go on and on, but I guess my point is...really take the time to listen to the music in life. In all that we do, in all that we say, in all that we think...it's to be for God's praise, honor and glory!


Psalm 150

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sancutary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!
Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let EVERYTHING that hath breath, praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

 

2 comments: