Saturday, March 21, 2009

preparation = blessing

So it's Saturday night....and I'm getting ready to head down for the night. I just had this thought cross my mind: how many of us are actually prepared for Sunday? Not like the: "is the hair washed? are my clothes laid out? do I know my catechism? who am I going to have over?..not that sort of thing. I mean our hearts. Are we preparing our hearts to be blessed for the Lord's day? He's set apart ONE day out of six. Is that to much to ask for a King? I mean, being sons and daughters of a King...the King, would we not want to be in His presence and be blessed by His precious Word? The more we want to be there, the more we'll want to be as prepared as possible: and the more we meditate and spend time getting to know Him better, the more we'll be blessed by Him and His Word. 
So let's take time...let's set apart a time. 20 minutes, 15...even if its just 10 minutes. Take that time and talk to God, engross yourself in His promises to you...you'll be surprised at how much of a difference it makes...it's an amazing feeling, knowing that He's actually listening to you..no matter how small and seemingly insignificant things may be to you, He's promised to listen to those who come to Him believing.

How awesome is that??

3 comments:

  1. How refreshing to read the words of someone who loves the Lord so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. k..now I'm really curious. who are you...YICA??
    (do I know you? ) :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are words I have thought often......but never really actually take the time to do something about it as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete