Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adventures...

At the moment, I'm sitting on the couch in my brother and sister-in-law's basement apartment. I just got up and I'm working on opening my eyes and actually getting something done :D I took the train to Toronto yesterday morning at 7:04. My day couldn't have been more interesting...to start things off, Dad and I had 5 minutes to spare before I would have missed my train (this being only my second time on it...and alone at that :P)...after showing my ticket I walked up to the third level of the GO and took a seat by the window. From Hamilton to Oakville...no big deal. However, as all these interesting business people began boarding, I recieved a more than interesting seat partner. Rather over-weight and slightly smelling, some old guy say down beside me. In case you don't know me very well, we'll just say that I squeezed over as far as possible against the window and tried my hardest to make as little contact as possible :D (talk about being out-going :) Anyways, my ride continued on and by the time I arrived at Union Station, I had one rather over-weight and slightly smelling, old guy sitting beside me, a 30ish business man who sat the WHOLE entire time with his black sun-glasses on...slightly unsettling. :P To top it off, for the last half an hour, an older Asian gentleman joined our little party...so there I was...trying not to feel out-numbered and awkward in any way :D
Anyways, I arrived with no incident at Union Station...at rush hour. Yup, let me just tell you, rush hour in Toronto is not exactly all warm and fuzzy...no, people EVERYWHERE. Up and down the escalators, through the corridors, standing on the platform, sitting on benches, climbing stairs...wow...over-whelming to say the least! And there is absolutely and positively NO way of finding anyone..:P...thank goodness for cell phones! :D
I found my brother!
Wanting to take full advantage of his chance to show me around the transportation of Toronto, we then boarded the subway..not as busy..but still interesting. So different people! It's fascinating to watch all the different characters that God created..it really is.
So after touring Fairview Mall :D we came back to their apartment where Jana and I decided to conquer cookie dough :) Six dozen trays of cookie dough :) Feeling ambitious we went for a walk and then Jana cooked a super yummy dinner of chicken wraps :) We did some NCIS and then headed to bed...after which I don't remember much :P
So it's morning now, and we're about to leave for the Sportsman Show..I've had my coffee (which I'm positive is going to grow hair on my chest..ewww :P) and I'm ready to roll...thus ending my adventures for now.

I hope you all have an amazing day!

6 comments:

  1. Naomi - isn't public transit crazy? I took the GO from Burlington to Toronto at Christmas with Anton, Cassy, and Ryan. It was amazing! Then, we took the Subway in TO and I almost got left behind because I almost didn't get on the subway before the doors closed! and without a cellphone, I might add. Ah! Enjoy your time in TO:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun in Toronto! I was somewhat sitting on the edge of my seat reading about the smelly "old guy" creeper dude... I kept my composure until I read your comment about the coffee. I'm sure you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah TO is crazy but come to Dubai and then you will see what real crazy traffic is. it is mental here.. the rush hour is like all the time and they have 4-6 lanes giong each direction most of the time.!!! it sure is interesting to see the different cultures and stuff. God has very interesting people all over the world. But i think i prefer TO's rush hour over Dubais. really... have fun. greetings to your brother...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rich, I'm very happy to report that I've arrived back to my peaceful country home again...in one piece :D
    And Victoria, I think from what you've told me, TO is nothing compared to Dubai,.lol. I've watched clips from Turkey, and if its anything like that, I'm pretty sure every time you step out into the streets..it's a matter of life and death :P

    I did have an amazing time there though..so thank you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your small trip. Next time you'll have to stay longer. And I am sooo stealing you when I paint the apartment, so be warned. It might be me behind those scary sunglasses just waiting to steal you away :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on whoever's stalking me :P...
    But I would love to come help you paint :):)..and for sure stay longer!

    ReplyDelete