Sunday, March 22, 2009

I forgive you.

Why does change have to be so hard? It's bound to happen...people take different paths, dreams change, friends go their separate ways. Sometimes I wonder why God brings certain people into my life, just to have them leave again. It hurts...but why? Sometimes things go wrong ..in our eyes. Maybe someone, who we thought would share all our tears..all our smiles, maybe they do something that hurts us so deep...what do we do? We're called to forgive. Speaking from my own experience though, it's one of the hardest things for me to do. It's so hard to let go and forget when we've been wronged...sure "I forgive you" is a easy quick fix to a difficult situation when we don't want to deal with it, but really...do we truly know what forgiveness really is? It's so much more than just a "don't worry about it..it's done," type of deal...its a whole heart matter. Forgiving isn't building assumptions...it's looking at the problem from both sides..it's talking through it with the other person, it's examining your own heart and motives, it's being willing to let it go..all of it.
   This all I write from my own experiences. It's still not always easy for me to forgive, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) ...it's actually one of the most difficult things to do. But think about it...I mean really think about all the times that Christ himself has forgiven you..forgiven me. We do NOTHING right and perfect and everything that we actually do, is tainted with sin. All this before a most holy and perfect King...our King.
   How much more then, do we need to forgive others? They've done nothing in comparison to what we do to Christ..each and EVERY day. It's not seven times seven..it's seventy times seven: over and over again. Not until we "get tired" of forgiven..Christ has promised his people that He'll never let them go..He'll never desert them. So I think personally for myself, that I need to make more of a conscious effort to forgive..readily and willingly; not just with my tongue, but with my heart...not a part of it, but the WHOLE entirety. 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. It is especially hard to forgive someone who continues to burden you with their bad behavior, when they refuse to believe they're doing anything wrong. Your writing calls me to a higher place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be able to willingly forgive...something I need to pray for strength more often..

    ReplyDelete