Wednesday, March 11, 2009

life..in general :)

It's sometimes a really hard thing, when what you want, isn't what God wants.
My life right now, is confusing to say the least. It's that time when you have to figure out what you want to do next, what your family thinks is best, and what God deems as best..all at the same time. You try and decide if you want to do this, or maybe try something else...you look at everyone around you and they seem to have everything in order. Sure, maybe I'm younger than everyone else, but still, why can't I know what to do with my life? There's so many different paths, so many different gifts..but only one right way.
This for me is where I realize that my life isn't mine. It's not about what I want, or about what other people think is the best way, but my life...is God's. Just saying that however, isn't enough. I mean, how many of us know that our lives aren't our own right? Probably all of us. But actually taking that next step, and embracing the fact that God will lead me down the right road, is another story. I've already experienced doors being opened and closed, things seeming clear, and then some time later they become muddy...I'm not going to lie, it's frustrating at times, and even depressing to some point.
Yesterday, I was having a down day...just really confused and wishing I knew what to do. I sat down with my mom and told her what I was feeling. As always, she knew what to say to make me feel better (that's what mom's are for right? :) It wasn't anything frilly or fancy, but she told me simply to pray. God knows what's best for our lives, and if we ask Him, He'll show us. He's promised that. "Pray without ceasing." Leave it in His hands and let Him do with it what He so desires for you.
There's no way that us human beings are able to know what's going to happen 10 years down the road, 2 years from now... not even 1 minute from now. The amazing thing is though, that God has every single detail, down to the number of breaths that we take and the number of hairs on our head...all perfectly planned out for us!life
So yes, there will be times when we'll be sitting there, hands up in the air saying "I don't know what to do! I don't know where to go! I don't know how I'm going to do it!" But just remember, that "the Father up above, is looking down in love." All you have to do is ask. Things may seem as if they're going in the complete opposite direction that we think they should go, but just because they seem right to us, doesn't mean that's what God wills for us...and He always does what's best for His people. What a comfort!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a blog! I'll look forward to reading your posts :)

    Yeah, mom is pretty great at knowing just what to say.

    I especially like that last line..."and He always does what's best for His people." Because sometimes, even though we ask Him "why?" we'll never really find out. Kind of like Job.

    It's exciting to see God at work in my little sister's life :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't let you down though!

    I have one quick question..am I always going to be your "little sister"? :P..:D

    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Naomi

    First of all I love your blog! Very cool. Secondly after reading this post it reminded me of a song we sang in choir last year, "Be Strong", based on Eph. 6:10. I found it very encouraging.

    About your post on the church not living out their profession. You have pointed out an issue that can be addressed to the whole of the western church. It is a concern that has been on my mind for the last while too. Paul Washer has an excellent sermon on this topic, email me if you are interested in listening to it (if you haven't already).

    I'm looking forward to further posts from you! Maybe, just maybe, I will start a blog as well ;)

    God bless

    ReplyDelete