Friday, August 7, 2009

why Lord?

For the past two weeks, my life has been an array of smiles and tears, questions and answers, confusion and peace. So many times I've just wanted to be through this all and know everything exactly that the Lord has in store for my life. I wanted answers as to why things have to happen the way they do, and why I can't find the right words to say what my heart was telling me. I wanted God to tell me what exactly He wanted for me, so I could just use that as my answer for everything.

I guess we don't always get what we want.

Probably because what we want...isn't always God's best plan for us.

Psalm 77:1 ~ "I cried out to God with my voice- To God with my voice; and He gave ear to me."

Although there's been alot of struggles and tears...these past few weeks have brought me closer to the only One who knows perfectly what I'm going through, and why I had to go through it. He's drawn me in a way that I don't understand...
I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, but despite all my questions and doubts that I had...He looked past that, and took my heart to give me a peace with His plans.

I guess I just really want to share how truly incredible our God is!...In the times when we feel lowest, in the days we feel like giving up, in the hours of the night when all we can do is lay there awake, in the times when the pain hurts the most...He's right there. Right beside us.

He knew, and He knows.

Romans 8:28 ~ "For we know that ALL things work together for the good of those who love God.." What a comfort!

Maybe it won't go away right away, and maybe this is something that will take a long time to figure out..maybe we never will figure it out....whichever way it is, He did it for a reason. And in the end, God's name will ultimately be glorified through it.

To know that my life is already so perfectly planned out for me, and to know that each step I take, each path my life leads...to know that every thought I think, and every tear I cry...He holds my life in the palm of His hands, and He promises to NEVER leave, never to forsake...I just can't get over how wonderful and amazing and merciful our God is!...

I have one other verse: Psalm 16:11 ~ "Thou wilt show me the path of life; In Thy presence is fullness of joy; At Thy right hand are pleasures for evermore."

2 comments:

  1. Remember the Lord uses the difficult times to draw us closer to him.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kgMWMYDg0c
    :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so glad you are my friend :)

    ReplyDelete