Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Peace

So right now, I'm sitting out on the deck...surrounded by papers and papers and...papers. :P I have  two music exams this week so that's pretty much the extent of my days until then...I need a break though, so I'm thinkin' about doing some writing..for pleasure :)
    I was just thinking...what does it really mean to be a daughter of the King? I was asked recently if I knew for surethat I was going to Heaven, how I know that I'm a Christian. To be honest, I had to think of how to answer that. I guess for those who haven't experienced the incredible gift of salvation, it might be harder to understand where I'm coming from, but for those who are my brothers and sisters in Him, know exactly what I'm saying. 
   For me, it was a sermon one Sunday, on the crucifixion. Just think for a minute about the fact that it was you..it was me, who put a perfect, a holy, an only Son of God on that cross. He was PERFECT! The amazing thing that I still have trouble comprehending fully (and I think I always will) is that God SENT His only Son, Jesus, begotten of His Father, to bear all the sins of His people on His shoulders. We're talking total and complete sinners, people with absolutely no little bit of perfectness in us, nothing that could possibly be worthy of God's grace. The only thing that we really deserve here on this earth is death. But still, Jesus lifted those sins off our shoulders and took them on His own to show us righteous in God's eyes. That's the only way we have access to the Father...that's the only reason we can bow our heads and fall down on our knees in humble reliance on Him alone.

Is that not incredible?

It's kind of hard to fully explain but I think a lot of you know what I mean. There's this peace that lives inside of you. It's this sense of giving everything into His hands and trusting that He'll lead you on and lift you up. You just know.

Romans 15:3
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

2 comments:

  1. amen sister!!
    im not pentacostal. i promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a break from writing exam prep by writing something you don't *have* to write? I guess that works…

    It's kind of hard to fully explain that peace, because it's that which "passes all understanding". I sometimes think of it as coming from the fact that God is our Father, who a) loves us perfectly and b) is strong enough to work out that love in our lives. It's a pretty good combination : )

    ReplyDelete