Sunday, May 31, 2009

My shocking and most exciting news of the week! :):)

So last night, May 30 our whole family was home...Wes and Jana had come up from Toronto for my profession of faith, and Brad and Jac came for a visit after dinner. We were just all talking and laughing..admiring Jac's absolutely adorable and soon to be burst baby bubble when Dad said, " well that's not going to be the only new baby in the family."
We all shut up.
"WHAT?!..Dad, ummm..what do you mean?"
"Well, mom's expecting, and you're all going to have a new brother or sister" (something along those lines..I was completely in shock I may have mixed up some words :)
"Ok, very funny Dad...MOM'S HAVING A BABY?!"...same response..all around the room.
After a flood of laughter and tears and disbelief, we kind of just sat there...trying to take in the fact that there was going to be a precious little baby who would be joining our family, Lord willing in December. Christmas baby :)
So I guess now begins a whole new chapter in all our lives. It will be a really big adjustment for sure...alot more responsibility due on my part because I'll be the oldest at home...at times it might be hard, maybe frustrating...but I mean, a BABY?! That's pretty much one of the most amazing things to ever receive! I'm so excited..I really am.
Just pray for my mom though...that she would keep up this "absolutely no symptoms" thing, and that her pregnancy would be smooth..and that the baby will arrive healthy in God's time :):):)


So ya, that's my exciting news...super exciting news :)

Man, I'm going to have a new niece or nephew AND a new brother or sister (hopefully twin brothers..hehe..:D)...I love babies :)<3

5 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi, it's Liz! I am so excited for you- a niece and sister! -and I wanted to ask you how it went yesterday. It must have been so special! lots of love from sunny little england! (well it's sunny this weekend :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. twin brothers for sure :P we talked about that...lol thats awesome tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAHH that is amazing! :) congrats!

    ReplyDelete